Hello this is a guest post from Dale, Nicole’s husband, and I’m here to share the recipe for these delicious cake-batter chocolate chip cookies.
What you’ll need:
1 and 1/4 cup (160g)all-purpose flour 1 and 1/4 cup (190g) yellow or vanilla boxed cake mix (I typically use vanilla cake mix – you just need the DRY mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips (I used a blend of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (80g) sprinkles
1. First I start by ensuring my butter is nice and soft
2. Next you will need 2 large mixing bowls
3. Begin mixing together the flour, cake mix, and baking soda
4. Combine the sugars, vanilla, butter, and egg
5. Now mix together the dry ingredients with the sugars and butter until you have a smooth batter then add in your chocolate chips and sprinkles.
6. REFRIGERATE! (45 minutes +)
7. Finally roll the cookies into balls and place into the cookie sheet.
8. Cook for 10 minutes
9. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes
It’s very important to allow the cookies to refrigerate otherwise they won’t retain the desired texture you would want and they will spread too quickly.