I have decided to start reviewing some of my favorite things at the end of each month. I thought that it would be fun to take a few things that I am really enjoying, like a clothing item, cosmetic or maybe even later a book or movie that I just really loved in a month and review it for my readers. Here are some of my favorite things for the month of January!
1. Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide foundation (say that 5 times fast) is perfection in a bottle! This foundation goes on so smoothly and I love that no matter how many coats you use it doesn’t look cakey. I love it even more because this foundation is a perfect match for me (Vanille is the color I use). I took home a sample of this foundation, put it on and looked in the mirror to find my whole world changed. I thought “wow this is what foundation is supposed to look like!” This color is defiantly my perfect match for winter and I just hope when summer comes I can just go up a shade or two and this foundation will still work it’s magic.
2. Topshop duster coat (similar here): For winter I am loving any and every long duster coat! I just recently posted about how this is my favorite winter coat so of course I had to throw it into my January favorites.
3. Rayban Round sunglasses: I have been wanting these sunglasses FOREVER and finally got them for Christmas from Dale. I love them so much! I think they give the perfect edge to any outfit.
4. Mia 2 Clarisonic: I had been hearing so many great things about the Clarisonic and I am so happy to finally own one thanks to a Christmas gift from my parents. This brush is the perfect way to make sure your face is cleaned the right way. This compact little tool exfoliates and takes off so much more than your hands ever could. I use mine every other night and I really see a huge difference now in the smoothness of my skin.
5. Real Techniques Brushes: So over Christmas I become completely inspired to vamp my entire makeup bag. Thanks to my younger cousin Olivia, who is a new Youtuber and lover of makeup, I started watching beauty videos and I got really inspired. I have never really watched any Youtube makeup tutorials… crazy I know. I am gonna be real I LOVE clothes and fashion but I knew nothing about makeup. In a little over a month I feel like I have already learned SO MUCH (I was living under a rock and my eyes are now opened)! First things first (I’m the realist) I needed some makeup brushes because I literally owned like 3. A Youtuber I have fallen in love with, Kathleen Lights uses these brushes all the time so I figured they would be a good place to start because they are so affordable! Well thank you Kathleen because they work so perfectly!